Job Code: BED12022
RMCI is seeking a back-end API Developer to work within our existing Scrum framework, creating .NET web application solutions to support highly-visible and high-demand public-facing websites and mobile-friendly/mobile-first web applications.All candidates must be willing to undergo a background investigation and must be United States citizens.
The selected candidate will work as part of an established and collaborative Scrum framework to create .NET web solutions to support highly-visible and high-demand Federal Government websites and mobile-friendly/mobile-first web applications.Work and responsibilities at this level will include creating code that will interface with RDBMs and UI frameworks.Code design must adhere to SOLID principles .The candidate will be expected to champion quality code and software engineering best practices in order to limit technical debt, and create innovative solutions to thorny problems. In addition, the candidate will build back-end solutions for user-facing elements that were developed by the front-end development team.Continued optimization of application code must be made to ensure maximum performance, maintainability and scalability.The candidate will implement application security and data protection, and develop SQL scripts and stored procedures. Modification of TFS build definitions or configuration of Octopus Deploy processes and configurations may also be required.
The selected candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop code using ASP.NET Core in C# using best-in-class coding practices, e.g. S.O.L.I.D.
- Create data storage elements using Entity Framework Core
- Develop SQL scripts and stored procedures
- Develop unit tests and conduct peer reviews
- Experience writing automated tests (unit, integration, end2end)
- Build backend solutions for user-facing elements that were developed by a front-end developer
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize code for maximum performance, maintainability, and scalability
- Implement security layers including code/data protection and auditing
- Work collaboratively in an agile environment to promote continuous, value-added delivery
- Design and implement data storage, message bus, batch, and communication solutions
- Use GIT, for application code, and Redgate, databases, source control systems
- Experience with Azure or comparable cloud environment
Our team requires comfort in working as technical members of an Agile team (Scrum or Kanban). Familiarity with various DevOps elements, such as automated builds, automated UI testing, Microsoft TFS (Git-backed), and GitHub, is a significant strength. A basic understanding of Section 508 compliance and advanced methods of delivering accessible, dynamic web content is also a considerable plus. Experience implementing, maintaining, and working in open source and community-supported content management systems is advantageous. Previous work in a high-demand and high-visibility web environment is beneficial.
Candidates must be comfortable working as part of a partially remote team, have strong written and oral communications, client interaction skills, and a keen interest in development. All deliverables must be 508 compliant and provide a level of accessibility required by law and agency best practices/policy. Partial and full-time remote work options are available for this position. RMCI offers excellent benefits and salaries. Visit our website at www.rmci.com An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.
BA or BS Degree plus five years of relevant experience
U. S. Citizenship Required